morningmotivation popular medias
6 months ago
HOW TO ACTUALLY FIND REST ON THE WEEKENDS ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
(ps any bloggers out there because sometimes I just write my own blog posts for fun and post it to fb but like maybe I’ll start a real blog?...) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Get coffee with a good friend and really be intentional and present. Put your phone down and talk about your dreams. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Get outside. Take a walk. Enjoy your surroundings and just stop and observe for once. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Do some yoga. For real, just breathe a little and focus on relaxing and de-stressing your body.
4. Eat/make yummy food. Tonight is Mexican leftovers for me and I cannot freaking wait. But enjoy some good food.
5. Watch a romcom (or maybe something with a little more thriller) but just enjoy Netflix for what it is and if that turns into a few hour binge than… ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. Solitude. Most of you might not even really know what this means. Heck I feel like I don’t really even know what it means but spend sometime in quiet. Stop consuming things for one second and just sit and be still. Talk to God. Bring him into this sweet space. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 7. Read something mindless and enjoyable. Or maybe self help. Whatever will give you joy and make you feel rested. Book of choice currently: HP. Let’s go.⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
8. Wash your face. Not a Rachel Hollis reference (although the book is spectacular) but generally take some time to do a little self care and something that will make you feel good and clean. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
9. And finally, lay aside the guilt that you feel about taking a break and doing nothing. I know you have a million things on your to-do list, I know our world tells you to just keep going. But be okay with stopping for a second and doing something that is truly restful. You will thank yourself later.