knittersofinstagram popular medias
2 months ago
When the yarn’s so big you have to hand knit - literally with my hands. First XXL yarn project complete! #bigyarn #knittersofinstagram
2 months ago
Selbuvotter strikket i 3tråds strikkegarn og mønster fra @raumagarn
2 months ago
The Pixelex Wrap comes out on Friday, so let's celebrate with a giveaway!
Grand prize (1): a digital copy of the Pixelex Wrap pattern and three skeins of the @kfrankfiberarts Flutter (fingering-weight merino/cashmere/nylon) yarn it’s designed for in the winner's choice of colors.
Runners up (3): a digital copy of the Pixelex Wrap pattern.
1. Follow both @remadebyhand and @kfrankfiberarts, like this photo, and tell us: What was your favorite game as a child? (One of mine was Oregon Trail in my elementary school's computer lab, and its pixelated graphics are part of how this wrap got its name!)
2. Tag up to five fiber-loving friends for extra entries, one tag per comment.
3. Share this post to your IG stories for one more entry!
All prizes are open internationally. You can enter on this photo as well as the one in @kfrankfiberarts's feed.
You have until Wednesday night (3/11/20) at 9pm EST to enter! Winners will be drawn at random and tagged in this post. Good luck!
This promotion, by the way, isn't sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with this lovely platform known as Instagram. Just Kate and me ;)
[Image description: the words “giveaway!” “Remade By Hans,” and “Kathryn Frank Fiber Arts” appear in white in translucent blue boxes over an image of a mosaic and lace wrap in grey, blue, and green being modeled by a woman with dark hair.]
#remadebyhandknits #kfrankfiberarts #pixelexwrap
2 months ago
It's been a long time since I've posted a #meetthemaker introduction. Welcome to new followers, and thank you for your support if you've been following for awhile!
Some random things about me, do we have anything in common?
1. I married the most incredible guy in June 2007 (after dating for 6 months and being engaged for 6 more - when you know, you know). We have two super sweet kids, and a cat. We're all homebodies. 🏡 I don't even have a driver's license.
2. I'm an INFP, a 9w1, and an ovo-pescatarian (I eat eggs and seafood but no other meat or dairy). I enjoy cooking and baking (I annoy my friends and family with those posts and insta-stories over on my personal account 😉).
3. I've loved to draw since I could pick up a pencil. I learned how to use a sewing machine in the 6th grade. I started Instagramming the things I make in early 2013. I learned how to crochet later that year, and learned how to knit exactly one year after that. I began to dabble in watercolour painting in May 2016. I started embroidering jewelry in June 2016. I designed and published my first knitting pattern in August. If I HAD TO choose a favourite, it's knitting! 💕
4. I love coffee but I can only drink decaf. Caffeinated coffee gives me the shakes and makes my heart race, it's not my favourite.
5. I love listening to music (really into Asgeir and Ed Prosek lately, The Beatles always), watching romcoms, sitcoms, and romantic reality shows ( #bachelorfan 🙋🏼♀️), and reading chick lit (think Emily Giffin, Sophie Kinsella, Jill Mansell).
6. I can't read the newspaper or watch the news because it's not good for my mental health.
7. I have an irrational fear of fake hands. I do not enjoy them, I don't want to touch them.
8. I've mostly stuck to travelling along the west coast of Canada and the U.S., I've also been to Mexico (Tijuana on a missions trip) and Maui (3 times, and planning for a 4th). Someday I'd LOVE to visit the Nordics and the Mediterranean with my husband and kids! 😍
P.S. This sweet hat is the upcoming #retrocampbeanie by @ponderbird!