gayisbetter popular medias
19 hours ago
Most people tend to get their health insurance through their employer. If you do, then you don’t need to use the government marketplace. If your employer does offer health insurance, but you still wish to search for an alternative plan on the marketplace, you can. However, these plans are likely to cost you more.
If your job doesn’t offer a health insurance benefit, shopping on the Health Insurance Marketplace will provide you with a list of plans and prices in your area.
Choosing a certain health plan can prove to be difficult, what with insurance and medical jargon. We can help you understand what the different types of plans are, and help to pick which one is the right plan for you.
2 days ago
Who is ready for that cozy cuddly sweater weather?
6 days ago
As your life changes, your insurance needs change with it. Depending on events that have happened and how your mindset has evolved since you first bought a policy, it may be a good idea to make sure you have enough coverage. Here are five signs to watch out for.
1. You’ve had a child. The cost of raising a child through age 17 is $233,610, according to 2015 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture—and that’s not even mentioning college costs if you plan to help out.
2. You’ve bought a new home. Two of the top five reasons people get life insurance is to cover mortgage debt and to pay for home expenses, according to the 2018 Insurance Barometer Study by Life Happens and LIMRA.
3. Your income has increased dramatically. Two-thirds of people who own life insurance bought it to replace lost income if they were to pass away, according to the same Barometer Study. If you’ve recently gotten a significant raise or your income has increased steadily since you last bought insurance, check to make sure your insurance coverage is still enough to replace it.
4. Your lifestyle has changed. While income increases often come with lifestyle changes, it’s also possible to get a lifestyle upgrade after you’ve paid off debt or improved your cash flow in some other way. If you notice that you’ve been spending more per month than you were a year or two ago, your current life insurance policy may leave a gap between its coverage and your loved ones’ needs.
5. You’re thinking about your estate planning. Another top-five reason people get life insurance is to transfer wealth or leave an inheritance. As you get older, you may start thinking more about what kind of legacy you want to leave behind.
If one of these things has happened to you and you’re not sure if you need to increase your coverage, use a comprehensive life insurance calculator to see how your needs have changed.
1 week ago
According to a new Italian study, children raised by gay and lesbian parents develop as well psychologically as those raised by straight parents.
The research, published in the Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, included 125 lesbian women who gave birth using donor sperm, 70 gay men who had a child via a surrogate, and 195 heterosexual couples.
It is the conclusion of researchers that, “children with same-sex parents fare well both in terms of psychological adjustment and prosocial behavior.” Overall, children of gay and lesbian couples showed fewer psychological problems than those of heterosexuals, and girls tended to be more sociable than boys regardless of the makeup of their families. 🏳️🌈
1 week ago
Almost $11 million—that is how much the top 10 long-term care insurers are paying out each day in benefits to 5.75 million policyholders, according to a new study conducted by the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance (AALTCI). That adds up to nearly $4 billion a year in money that goes into communities across the country to help people get the long-term care they need.
2 weeks ago
Life insurance policies “grow up” too. A great reason to invest in juvenile life insurance is to ensure that your children are covered from the get-go, and as they get older, may be able to take advantage of riders that allow them to expand their coverage at a guaranteed rate without any question about their respective health. People’s health changes, including children’s, and having a policy in place can ensure they’ll have the coverage they need, despite health changes.
2 weeks ago
We hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day! 🇺🇸🏳️🌈
2 weeks ago
Who's ready for the weekend?
2 weeks ago
Language can not only enforce the existence of a gender binary, but erase the way that many bi+ individuals experience bisexuality. While some bisexual individuals may only be attracted to only two genders, bisexual+ as a political term has expanded past binary attraction. 🏳️🌈
3 weeks ago
We are so excited to see this!
RuPaul is starting a new project: a daytime talk show.
The host of RuPaul’s Drag Race is reportedly filming a pilot for Telepictures, the subsidiary of Warner Bros. Television that’s also behind The Ellen Degeneres Show.
The show will involve interviewing celebrities, discussing beauty tips, and playing games. It will be filmed in front of a live audience and have a “positive” point of view.
And Michelle Visage is going to have a role in the show, Variety reports.
This isn’t the first talk show Ru will be hosting. In the 90’s, The RuPaul Show aired 100 episodes on VH1 and involved celebrity interviews, including one with Diana Ross, RuPaul’s favorite diva.
No word yet on whether he will appear in drag on the talk show. 🏳️🌈
3 weeks ago
We focus on community. Pride Life Insurance is the combination of several companies and individuals coming together to give back and serve the insurance needs of Community-Based Organizations and the LGBTQ community. The LBGTQ community has not been served well by the Insurance industry in the past and we will change that!
We are proud to have helped thousands of Ryan White clients. We can write Life Insurance on HIV+ clients for the first time in the United States. We have a unique Concierge Service that will personally help you in getting insurance that best meets your specific needs. There is no pressure or commissioned agents. Assisting clients with their insurance is all we do, and we take that responsibility seriously.