1 month ago Question :
“So just how can I improve ? “
Yesterday’s post, although inspirational, doesn’t give any practical advise....so my first practical piece of advice for 2020.
Print out this photo and stick it on your fridge, do some studying and decide, the first thing you want to fix..... then make a plan and work through these 4 stages on your path to improvement. Good luck 👍
If you have heard this before..... it never hurts to be reminded 😉
Noel Burch, developed the Conscious Competence Ladder in the 1970s. It’s brilliant because it’s so simple.
It highlights two things :
1. You need to know what you can’t do..... ie: never heard of forefoot running.
2. You need to master the new skill. ie: you want to learn how to run forefoot
THE FOUR STEPS TO IMPROVEMENT:
1. Unconsciously incompetent – You don't know that you can’t do something. ie: you have never heard about forefoot running
2. Consciously incompetent – You know that you don't have this skill. ie: you want to run forefoot but heal strike.
3. Consciously competent - You know that you have this skill but need to think about it. ie: if you focus you are able to run forefoot
4. Unconsciously competent– You don’t need to think about this skill anymore ie: you run forefoot with without thinking about it.
So now you know the theory, it should be easier to follow a process to get meaningful results and more enjoyment from your running..... Any questions message me.
If you like what I post please feel free to share